School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
Examining the past and the present to comprehend our shared future
We engage with a multiplicity of subject areas from Ancient Greek to explorations of gender and the posthuman. What ignites our work is a fascination with the study of humanity.
SOPHI is home to five Departments:
- Archaeology – Click here for website
- Classics and Ancient History – Click here for website
- Gender and Cultural Studies –Click here for website
- History –Click here for website
- Philosophy – Click here for website*
- The International and Global Studies (INGS) program
And to eight Research centres:
- The Angkor Research Program – Click here for website
- Australian Archaeological Institute at Athens – Click here for website/a>
- Classical Heritage and the Story of Sydney – Click here for website
- The Centre for Time – Click here for website
- The Centre for Classical and Near Eastern Studies of Australia (CCANESA) – Click here for website
- The Laureate Research Program in International History – Click here for website
- Near Eastern Archaeological Foundation (NEAF) – Click here for website
- Sydney Centre for the Foundations of Science – click here for website
* For information on the calendar of regular seminars for the Department of Philosophy please see the Philosophy events calendar
To learn more about our study offerings and research strengths, visit the School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry.
Browse all our events, or select the category you wish to search below.