School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
Examining the past and the present to comprehend our shared future
We engage with a multiplicity of subject areas from Ancient Greek to explorations of gender and the posthuman. What ignites our work is a fascination with the study of humanity.
SOPHI is home to five Departments:
- Classics and Ancient History
- Gender and Cultural Studies
- The International and Global Studies (INGS) program
And to eight Research centres:
- The Angkor Research Program
- Australian Archaeological Institute at Athens
- Classical Heritage and the Story of Sydney
- The Centre for Time
- The Centre for Classical and Near Eastern Studies of Australia (CCANESA)
- The Laureate Research Program in International History
- Near Eastern Archaeological Foundation (NEAF)
- Sydney Centre for the Foundations of Science
* For information on the calendar of regular seminars for the Department of Philosophy please see the Philosophy events calendar
To learn more about our study offerings and research strengths, visit the School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry.
Toward an Archaeology of Cult in a Greek Colony in the West: New Excavations in the Main Urban Sanctuary of Selinunte
Browse all our events, or select the category you wish to search below.